1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I did a complete forward bend to stretch . Now in lot of agony

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by IndiMarshall, Aug 16, 2015.

1. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

Since I believe there is structurally nothing major with my back. I did a complete forward bend to touch the floor without bending my knees. Yes I did touch the floor after 9 long years..Hurray .

Now I am in lot of pain after that.

Next couple of days is going to be very hard.

How do you cope with such situations?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  2. Elena99

Elena99 New Member

Well, you can still write to us, so that's good. Just take it a bit at a time. As you said, the next couple of days will be hard, but after that, it'll get better. Drink lots of water and take care of yourself. Listen to soothing music.

SunnyinFL and IndiMarshall like this.
  3. SunnyinFL

SunnyinFL Well known member

Hi Indi:
    Good for you for overcoming your fear of moving! That's great progress. As Elena99 says, remember to take care of yourself and take it a bit at a time. You've proven you don't have to give in to your fears, but be gentle with yourself. If you haven't been doing those sort of moves for 9 years, give yourself a break and just build up gradually. As they say, "Rome wasn't built in a day." Please know that there is a danger in getting too aggressive - i.e., you could hurt yourself - not because there is something wrong, but because you over did it - but, then you might go back into the fear mode. In other words, I'd take small, successful steps, build up gradually, and your confidence will get built up, too. I also like Elena99's suggestion to listen to soothing music - maybe while taking a bath or while just lying on the floor doing very gentle breathing and stretching. Best wishes!

4. IndiMarshall

Thanks people I think I did over stretching and paid the price for this. Couldn't go back to sleep till 6 am due to pain, fear and anxiety. Thankfully I seem to be moderately fine but it is a good lesson. DONT OVER DO!

I will try to be as mobile as possible.

SunnyinFL likes this.
  5. IndiMarshall

Elena99 and SunnyinFL..
    I recovered well from that severe muscular pain yesterday which bothered me the whole night.
    I did motor bike ride for half an hour after 9 long years and walked 45 mins with moderate pain.
    Now I am back home and in bed thats when the pain increases,
    When I am in bed that is when I am having lot of pain and low confidence.
    Also siting is causing pain .
    If I can over come the pain while I sit and when in Bed, I feel I have made a good recovery.

Hopefully I will make a good recovery in a month's time to go back to work..

SunnyinFL likes this.
  6. Elena99

Elena99 New Member

It's interesting how sitting and laying in bed causes the most pain. This is what Dr. Sarno says, too, that it's when a person with TMS goes to rest for a while that the pain comes as a distraction.

SunnyinFL likes this.