1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I consider myself healed

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by cindy, Sep 23, 2015.

1. cindy

cindy New Member

It's been a long time since I've been here, but I figured that I'd share the happy news that the reason for my absence is because I've pretty much returned back to normal function.

Three years ago, I slept with braces on both my wrists and could not type for longer than 5 minutes without experiencing excruciating pain. Those days are long gone - in fact, I now have a full-time job where I am working with a keyboard and old-fashioned mouse (which was unheard of for me) for eight hours a day. And I am fine at the end of the day.

I'm back to playing music, and am an extremely busy live bassist and guitarist. My life is full and rich and honestly, I barely even think about the pain anymore. I occasionally crack my knuckles and wrists, but whatever minor flareups I have are totally manageable and my first reaction is to zoom out and see how I'm treating myself in that moment - instead of blaming the pain on any physical condition I may have.

Yoga and stretching have become an important part of my daily routine and I've also derived great benefit from cutting back on alcohol consumption.

Life is good, and I have Dr. Sarno (and all of you) to thank!

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Awesome news, Cindy, and thank you for coming back to tell us about it!

Changing our health, and perhaps changing the world, one success story at a time dancea

mike2014 likes this.
  3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Well done - CONGRATULATIONS! Is this a full recovery?

It would be great if you could write a full version if ever you have time.

Well done, you are an inspiration to us all.

4. breakfree

breakfree Peer Supporter

Cindy

I'm so happy for you - and glad your back to living a fulfilling life - I hope one day to be where you are today

best wishes x x

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Cindy,
    Thanks for sharing this, your success update. It means a lot to people here to read this.

This seems to have become a very powerful habit!!!!

Andy B

6. silentflutes

silentflutes Peer Supporter

i started doing that few months back after realizing how rude i have been to myself all these years. i could not put them so nicely in words as you have done it.