1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I can't get these symptoms to stop !!! help =(

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by semia, Aug 6, 2015.

1. semia

semia New Member

I finally decided to try to go back to school, just starting off by taking 2 online classes.. i figured it was an easy transition. I went to orientation this morning.. 30 minutes in I couldnt wait to leave. My dizziness is completely taking over me. I talked to my brain in the car before going in, kindly telling my brain to please stop this diversion of pain.. telling myself i am in control, all that good stuff. I DONT GET IT. why won't it just stop and let me live my life. My boss thinks I'm coming back to work next week, but still feeling this way i don't know how its ever going to be possible. Has anyone else had constant dizziness, like a feeling that their is extra fluid in your head just whirling around that makes you feel like your going to fall over. I know it sounds crazy.. but as i said before. Ive had a cat scan, mri of my brain, and a nerve test that revealed nothing. SO I DONT GET IT. I'm just so confused and frustrated, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Semina. It's great that you are back in school. Online classes are a great way to get back to the books. Dizziness is a common symptom of TMS pain. It comes from emotional stress, worry, and probably you worry about returning to work. I had a bad dizzy spell a few years ago and it came on when I was worrying about something. I stopped worrying and the dizziness went away.

My doctor prescribed an OTC medication called "Travel Sickness" which works for general dizziness and it sure helped me. I got the tablets at the drug store. The brand is Rugby and the tablets contain Meclizine which contains Aspartame. I only took one tablet and felt fine, no after-affects, and I haven't
    taken one in several years because knowing about TMS I now know the dizziness is just nerves. "Just" nerves. Haha. Buy some of those pills and keep some with you, especially when you return to work. They stop the dizziness because they calm a person. So if it's a little "crutch." There's nothing wrong with using a mental cane until the pain goes away. Just remember, it's from TMS, nothing structurally wrong with you. The tests proved that.

3. David88

David88 Well known member

I know from a fellow TMSer, who had the same dizziness as you, that it was TMS. She was cured with TMS techniques. Be patient, and keep working on understanding the reason behind your symptoms.

Everyone has a different path to recovery. Just knowing about TMS and talking to your brain is not enough for everyone -- sometimes there is a hidden inner psychological conflict that must be uncovered before the symptoms go away. It will be in the form of a conflict between what you are feeling inside, and what you think you should be feeling.

It's not necessary to resolve the conflict for the symptoms to go away. It is only necessary to bring it to light. Journaling is one good way to uncover these feelings. A good therapist can help, preferable one trained in TMS techniques.

Look on the pain as a signal that some feeling inside you needs your attention. And treat yourself with compassion while you are working through this.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    SunnyinFL likes this.
  4. semia

semia New Member

Thank you both. I feel like I am trying and I am taking all of your suggestions.. my symptoms don't seem to want to budge so I get easily frustrated. I'll keep trying and staying hopeful.. thanks to everyone for their support.