1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I can see my pelvic pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by jamejamesjames1, Aug 11, 2020.

1. jamejamesjames1

jamejamesjames1 Peer Supporter

I'm not sure what to make of it but recently as I've been slowly getting better I can actually see when my pain is worse.

I have had a golf ball size indentation in my suprapubic area this while time and just thought it was normal.

I just noticed when I'm feeling better that area is flattened out. After a workout or stress it goes back in.

Does anyone else have a visible tms symptom? Since I can see it, does that mean it's actually just tight muscles from anxiety and that I should also work on stretching and massaging the area?

2. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Visible symptoms can certainly be part of TMS/the mind-body connection. I've discussed visible symptoms such as my skin being more easily indented when holding my cell phone (like my blood flow is restricted when I'm stressed out) or Raynaud's where my digits turn purple and yellow. Some people (not me) on this forum have recovered from full-blown CRPS - they had VERY visible and disabling symptoms, even viewable on x-rays. I'm not a doctor and can't diagnose anyone, but being able to see this process doesn't necessarily mean it's structural.