1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I can play football again

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Iwilldeadlift, May 19, 2020.

1. Iwilldeadlift

Iwilldeadlift New Member

Hello,

I wanted to share the first part of my success story. Originally i had wanted to wait for the whole success but i guess writing about little achievement can make me feel better too

So my legs and my knee are in perfect health again!!!! I always loved to run and to play football and i do it every week now. No pain at all in the knee and legs. I feel strong and confident there

I tried many things to heal this, and you know the only thing that worked for me? Not caring about the pain, doing every movement despite of it. Not making adjustement.

I can now leg press 140 kg in 4x9 and squat and deadlift

No journaling was required for that to happen, no therapist, just knowing its tms and doing what i really wanted to do despite of the pain

Now i still have pain in the shoulder and scapula area and sometimes in the chest. This part i had a more difficult time accepting it was tms. I worked on it througj journaling and therapy but so far it only seems to make it worse

i will now try to do what i did for my leg

i look forward to post the next part !

Baseball65 likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Iwilldeadlift,

Congratulations on your success!!!!!!

I am happy that you posted this, regardless of lingering symptoms. I think it is wonderful to focus on where the symptoms have dropped away, knowing you're on to this, and knowing you have powerful techniques!!! Simply being less afraid of symptoms and having confidence can be 110% of the cure for many.

Best,

Andy

3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

In the original phase of my recovery I got stuff like what you posted... than I had to work through the more deeply conditioned stuff. It didn't take very long... First it was "I can ride my bike and lift dumbbells" . Than "I can hit in the cage again"...

Each activity that got my attention by giving me TMS symptoms again, I approached in silent and focused intent.... mostly ruminating on two idea's.... #1. What could have started this conditioning? and #2 What am I /was I angry about when I decided this particular task or workout move initiated the pain. All told, I worked through all of it in about 3 weeks (I was off work and had a lot of time to focus on it)

Just like the pain arrived in pieces, it left in pieces. But once it started moving I reinvested each win into another challenge.... Now that your rolling you might be surprised how fast the rest leaves.

awesome