1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I Believe TMS has Returned. Frustrated

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by treepose, May 25, 2018.

1. treepose

treepose Newcomer

So over 20+ yrs ago I learned about this condition. I applied the techniques to an arm pain problem I was having at that time. It kept me out of the gym for a year. Every study conducted by every doc was done. Nothing. I read Sarno's book and immediately the pains increased. I knew my subconscious was not happy so I was excited this was my issue! In any event, it worked and I was able to make the pain go away and get back to the gym.

Now today. About two mos. ago I have shortness of breath (I am 50). End up in the hospital. All tests negative. Heart is good. Cat scan, chest x-ray, echo stress test. All good. Ok, so then things progress to weakness in my left arm. Not like I can't pick up a cup of coffee, but noticeable weaker at the gym with the left arm. Docs say they don't think it is anything sinister. They want to do an EMG for a pinched nerve. Then a week ago I start getting twitches in my left hamstring, then in my back and in my right arm, and then my right leg. Of course I believe I have ALS. But, then I start thinking it's TMS cause all I am thinking about are these issues that have seemingly suddenly arose with my body.

Does this sound like it could be a return of TMS?

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, everything you describe can be TMS. I suggest that you do relevant tests (but not obsessively) to eliminate known conditions, as you have done, and proceed to treat as TMS if you're cleared of the more serious conditions.

Andy B