1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I am positive it is TMS

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by nancy, Apr 26, 2018.

1. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hi, It has been a long time since I posted anything but I have been working hard at better trying
    to understand why I have this pain. It is depression brought on by circumstances over a long period
    of time that cannot be changed. I think I fully accept all that has happened but still the pain remains.
    When I start to ruminate on what could have been or should have been, my pain levels rise. Any ideas?
    Thanks, Nancy

2. nancy

nancy Well known member

I really need help with finding a way to cope with leg/hip and hand pain after yrs of it. I believe it is depression, how
    do I go about changing events in my head to feel less depressed and not so scared all the time. I am full of fear and have
    been reading, ignoring the pain for yrs now. I have had all tests possible to no avail other than the usual back results of deg
    disc disease. Nancy

3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Nancy, I empathise greatly with the endurance faced by long-term, stressful life circumstance. I struggled greatly for years, as my mind gave way increasingly to depression.

For you, my first thought is it is time to let those events pass into the past. No more ruminating on what could have been, should have been. It's done. Let it be. Now is the time to start facing forward and opening to the next new chapter in your life.

One of the best ways I have found of doing this is to flood the mind with positivity, joy, hope and goodness. This is a time-honoured practice best explained by the neuropsychologist Rick Hanson. Take a look at the video I posted in this thread:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/the-final-leg-need-tips.18154/#post-96490 (The Final Leg: Need Tips)

The whole thread is very good and worth reading.

Your mind is over-sensitised. That's why you feel so much fear and so much pain. It's time to gently turn the tide and immerse yourself in healing waters. I've done it and so can you.

Plum x

Ellen likes this.