1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 I am a believer

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Shane Chicago, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Shane Chicago

Shane Chicago New Member

I guess I start from a good place in that I do believe the mind has a lot of control over one's health. I have always said that. Or thought that. I see my mom. She has a positive, cheerful, never saying or doing or thinking anything bad about a person personality. Up until recently, she has been the picture of health.

I have been having on and off back problems for about 2 1/2 years. The past few months have been horrendous. Horrible pain in my leg. Sciatica nerve. The past week I hit rock bottom. So much pain I couldn't believe it. Then a friend reminded me about Dr. Sarno. He had bought his book and it REALLY helped him. I always heard about Dr. Sarno because I am a huge Howard Stern fan and he always talked about him. I never thought I would need him, but here I am.

I have been reading his books and doing all the research the past couple of days and, I don't want to jump the gun, but I am feeling much better. I am excited to continue this progress and get back to the life I had before.

If anyone is in Chicago, I would love to meet people who have TMS and go to support groups, etc. Please get in touch with me!!

Jilly and veronica73 like this.
  2. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

Hi Shane....glad to hear your'e feeling better ! I am new and I am experiencing great results as well, it is a process, so stick with it ...

3. tarala

tarala Well known member

Hi Shane, welcome to the forum. There is so much support here from the Wiki and people on the forum, it helps tremendously. It sounds like you are already on the way to being pain free:D

Jilly likes this.
  4. Stella

Stella Well known member

When I started reading Sarno's book several months before I new of this site I started feeling a slight relief in pain. Read more then another slight relief in pain. It was noticeable enough that I new something was going on. The more people I talked to about it.... again a slight relief in pain. I thought "this is pretty amazing that reading a book can make you feel better.

Then the information on the wiki has continued to help me. Glad you are hear. Sandy

Jilly likes this.