1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I’m having a hard time/scoliosis/frozen shoulder

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Trebby, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Trebby

Trebby Newcomer

I can’t get over my body. I have a hard time fully accepting that I have no physical issue because I have such an obvious high/frozen shoulder and consequently a high hip on the other side. Scoliosis. I know it’s TMS but it’s ive had it my whole life. Long before it was distracting. What brings me down most is that I can’t find anybody who has what I have so my brain can’t accept that it’s a brain/nervous system thing. It’s a glaring structural issue. No way to miss that. Nobody ever talks about scoliosis being TMS. It brings me down that there so many diagnoses on the success stories search but scoliosis isn’t there.

When I get angry/frustrated I can feel the blood withdraw from the right side of my back and start pumping through my left. This is why my the left side of my back is visibly way stronger than my right.

Has anybody had anything similar to this or could point me towards somebody who may be able to relate?

Bodhigirl likes this.
  2. Rainstorm B

Rainstorm B Peer Supporter

Hi Trebby and welcome

Have you checked out Nicole Sachs? She has a podcast The Cure For Chronic Pain and a book etc. She was diagnosed with spondylolisthesis which involves spinal misalignment and used Dr Sarno’s methods to heal from pain. As she says, structural issues aren’t the reason you are experiencing pain.

Also take a look at Dan Buglio. He has pictures on his ‘My Story’ page showing how wonky his back was. And he healed from pain too. http://danbuglio.com/11-years-of-pain

I’ve experienced various manifestations of TMS including a ‘twisted’ spine with one shoulder much higher than the other. It was 100 per cent TMS and the pain is now almost gone thanks to TMS work.
    We all have to find our own path but I hope these, and other people’s, pointers might be of some help.

Wishing you peace and finding the answers you need
    Rx

Trebby likes this.
  3. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

I hope you are finding some peace in all this!
    Dr. Sarno mentions scoliosis in The Divided Mind. It listened to it on Audible recently and was able to take in so much more than in reading it years ago.
    There are so many resources for helping us through this.
    Be suggestible. Stay open. Imagine the brain is flexible and can change. And then change yet again. Rage takes a long time to surface for some of us Goodists!