1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I’m bored....

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Getting_Better, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Getting_Better

Getting_Better New Member

So I’ve been at this for a full week now. All I’ve done is changed my thinking from “being a chronic ill hopeless case” to being “perfectly fine, just storing repressed emotions.” And holy moly! For the first time in a very long time, I want to be alive again.

Now that I’m not telling myself what a problem I am that needs to be fixed, there’s nothing to fix. Since I’m not googling symptoms and treatments anymore, I have so much more free time. And I’m SO BORED :p It’s amazing!

The energy I put towards googling and treatments, I’ve put towards living life. I’ve journaled 60 pages. Started getting creative in the kitchen. Accomplished things I put off for months. Reading for leisure. Caught up on tasks around the house. Picked up a hobby. Been more motivated at work. Less anxiety.

I wish I could say it cured me. Having CPTSD, it’ll be a long road, but one I’m looking forward to. Even if this doesn’t help my chronic symptoms and pain, it’ll sure help the other aspects of my life haha.

JanAtheCPA, Sofa, MWsunin12 and 5 others like this.
  2. Rainstorm B

Rainstorm B Peer Supporter

This is so great!

I love this:
    Such a simple and perfect way of reframing it for yourself - totally going to steal it!

Hope you continue enjoying the beautiful boredom...!

JanAtheCPA, Sofa and Getting_Better like this.
  3. Getting_Better

Getting_Better New Member

Go right ahead! Hope it helps

Rainstorm B and Sofa like this.