1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I’m amazed.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by tmstraveler, Dec 27, 2019.

1. tmstraveler

tmstraveler Peer Supporter

I’m amazed how in one day I can have no pain then shooting pain then aching pain then burning pain all in the same area (my rectum). I’m making progress but today was a real doozy and I hate it.

That’s all. I’m sure the variety of sensations is proof positive this is TMS but it’s also a total nightmare.

Still in the fight, y’all. Just venting.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    Balsa11 and jimmylaw9 like this.
  2. MIsty152

MIsty152 Peer Supporter

Yeah, tmstraveler, TMS for sure is a strange phenomenon. My pain in my pelvic is almost gone at the moment, but now I am having back pain, a headache and some fatigue. It is indeed the process. You are doing a great job.

Since I have started the process, I am way more emotional than I used too. I cried my eyeballs out several times (is that normal, crying that loud?) while thinking of some events from my childhood. It felt sooo good. So much release.

tmstraveler likes this.
  3. tmstraveler

Glad to hear you’re making progress, Misty! Yeah, that day was weird but a good indicator of TMS. So there’s that! Just continuing to face it and not fear it.

4. BinLA

BinLA Peer Supporter

Hey Traveler, you're not alone.

Not only do my symptoms change (usually between a collection of 4-5 main things) .... but I'm a bit weird in the sense that mine can change day to day... or hour to hour.
    It can be total chaos, then I can be fine for a couple days. Whereas most people seem to have one item..... it hangs around for a long time... then maybe another item starts.
    I've been told it doesn't really matter, and I believe it... but it's still difficult to get my head around at times. I think my condition with TMS is largely anxiety-fueled, and that can lead to some real variance in body sensations.

I actually made a thread about this a while back...

https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/anyone-else-have-rotating-symptoms-not-just-one-symptom-imperative.20790/#post-109647 (Anyone else have rotating symptoms, not just one? (Symptom Imperative))

Balsa11 likes this.
  5. tmstraveler

Thanks for responding. Everyone is different it seems and while changes in sensation are exhausting, there are a textbook sign of TMS. Also the moving around. It can be tough to embrace that we can be uncomfortable or in pain and still be safe but these clues are worth noting. They’re at once scary and, with knowledge, strangely reassuring.

Good luck to you!

BinLA and Balsa11 like this.