1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Hypnotherapy

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ellie freegan, Dec 3, 2015.

1. ellie freegan

ellie freegan Peer Supporter

It seems to me that hypnosis can be used in two ways if Not more in relation to tms healing. One would include trying to overcome conditioning and accessrepressed emotions The other would be for coping with pain. I believe The first deals with the causes and the second with symptoms. Therefore I can understand why Dr Sarno would not encourage the second. However I was thinking that maybe the second would reduce fear of pain and help outcome independence, things I struggle with a lot so maybe trying this would be a good idea what does anyone think please?

Alyssa5 likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I like the self-hypnosis videos on YouTube.
    My favorite is Guided Meditation for Over-Thinking" with the calming voice of Michael Sealey.

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Yup, I think that mindfulness meditation is definitely a form of self-hypnosis. It focuses the mind, which is what hypnosis also does.

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Ellie,

I think a hypnosis tape helped me in recovery from acute TMS. I had a skilled hypnotist custom-create a recording for me, related to Sarno's work. In it, there was direction to attend to emotional content, feelings that were down deep. And to access my deepest wisdom. It also worked to calm the nervous system, which can only be a good thing!

I don't believe this was responsible for my success, so much as it added to it, as you suggest. It could make a real difference...

I think this is an interesting thought. Can hypnosis reduce fear of pain? Probably.

If you want to use the person I used, she might work long distance. She is very good, teaches hypnotherapy. I had her make a recording and used it for a couple of months. Then I came back and refined my request, had her make another.

Rochelle Jaffe
    info@ashlandschoolofhypnotherapy.com

Andy B.

Alyssa5 likes this.