1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hurt my wrist doing push ups. I have a question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by wastinglight, Apr 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. wastinglight

wastinglight New Member

Hey everyone. I am familiar with what TMS is. A while ago I dealt with it in my left wrist.

3 days ago, while doing push-ups to stay active under covid lockdown, I hurt my right wrist. I felt a snapping pain in the tendons near the base of my thumb. The soreness I have felt since is textbook Dequervains Tendonitis. I know this because it’s exactly what i had in my left wrist a year and a half ago.

I know now that these injuries will heal on their own, and that any lingering pain is TMS.

My question is: I wonder how long should I give it a rest? I am a guitarist by trade, and want to get back to playing as soon as possible. Right now the last few days I cannot play for more than a few minutes without soreness. I really want to use this time to advance in my instrument. Very frustrating to get injured in the middle of it... do you think a week or two should give my body sufficient time to heal?

2. Hydrlysis

Hydrlysis New Member

Hello,

I know from that after a surgery for tennis elbow (tendinitis) where the tendon is completely cut and reattached, it takes 3 months for the tendon to reach 80% of it's maximum strength. You definitely do not have anywhere near the damage caused from a surgery. Don't have fear, know you will be fully healed (or near fully) and do the rest of your activities normally. Should heal with a few months FOR SURE.