1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Huge mental hang up

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mc1986, May 30, 2015.

1. mc1986

mc1986 Peer Supporter

I've had chronic pelvic pain for a year. I've read Sarno's and Steve O's books and am on board with the theory and the idea of tms. I have one thing that is holding me back from getting to 100% acceptance. Basically, when certain vertebrae in my lower back get pushed on it reproduces all of my pelvic pain. My MRI is relatively normal and I recognize that herniated discs don't cause pain and neither should the arthritis in the joints. But I get very hung up on the fact that my pain is so easily reproduced with pressing on the joints of the vertebrae. I'm at about 95% acceptance but struggling with the last 5. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

The Good Doctor mentions sensitivity on "palpation" of the tender points, while doing physical exams on patients, as being an indicator for TMS--but this is not indicative for all patients. This may be what you are talking about.