1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 27 How's Journaling Working for You?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KevinB, Dec 22, 2015.

1. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

This was today's question to ponder. This is my 2nd time doing the SEP. The first time through the journalling was revolutionary for me because I had never done it. This time, it has been different, but still very effective. It really is my safe place to say and feel whatever comes to me. Anger is the most common emotion and sometimes it's really intense. Today I became very angry while writing, I was trying to focus on the physical sensations - they started as common ones: tightness in stomach and chest, followed my heat, clenching jaw, tension in neck and shoulders, increased short breaths etc. But then as it grew and grew something strange happened, I started getting these little pleasure rushes... I can't really explain them, but they started in the head, like tingling, but felt good, and moved throughout the body... I guess it was like endorphins or something? I'm not a brain doctor, so I'm not sure, but I've had these experiences before and they're great. It was like this massive anger built up and up, then released and what followed was something akin to euphoria... I'm not sure if this is making any sense, but has anyone else experienced this?

I like the free write the most. I dig the other modes, such as spider, dialogue, unsent letter... but I generally feel the most during a free write when I just close my eyes and let it go, not paying attention at all to spelling or grammar.

That's it for now.

Blessings.

Kevin

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kevin. You have it right... don't pay any attention to spelling or grammar when journaling. But (laugh here) how do you write with your eyes closed?

I don't know why you felt euphoria after you let out your anger, but accept it as a gift, maybe a Christmas present from your subconscious.

Blessings to you, too.

KevinB likes this.