1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Howard Stern and Dr. Sarno

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Un0wut2du, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Un0wut2du

Un0wut2du Peer Supporter

In the first half hour of Howard's show today he does a very nice tribute and talk about Dr. Sarno's passing and how Sarno helped him several times over the years.

He made reference to Dr. Sarno being saddened by his lack of acceptance among his peers and their disregard for his work. It sounded like these were comments from a personal conversation.

I only know of Dr. Sarno because of Howard Stern. I had heard him sing praises of Sarno on his show back in 1999. I then went out and bought "The Mind Body Prescription..." based on these praises where I proceeded to only read 43 pages. It then sat in a box for 18 years until this past March when I was so fed up with pain and had the very fortunate recall that I owned this book. I went and dug it out. I have made tremendous strides since that time. Its a slow go for me but I see and feel TMS therapy working.

Anyone with a Sirius XM internet subscription can pull up Howard's show from today and replay it using the on demand feature.

I have listened to Howard daily for decades and he has often spoke of Dr. Sarno and the healing idea's he'd delivered to Stern. Stern has millions of listeners so I can only hope this message reached a few more people in pain today.

Like so many other visionaries and truly remarkable people Sarno's work will likely see its greatest recognition now that he's gone. Maybe thats the silver lining. I hope this great man was not overly saddened by his lack of acceptance.

Cap'n Spanky and Lunarlass66 like this.
  2. Marla

Marla Peer Supporter

Hi, my husband listens to his show and told me about Dr Sarno's passing.

I found out about Dr Sarno 12 years ago looking for books about back pain in the local library and read his book. It changed my life with my back and many other things.

I tried to tell my husband about it and he wouldn't really listen until the day I showed him that Howard Stern was a patient of his and liked him a lot.

I hope many watch his documentary. I told this one doctor I had in WA state about him and she wrote down the info because she said she had patients who didn't respond to pain medicine and didn't know what to do for them.

I have a great doctor now that believes in his work, I feel lucky. There isn't many!

3. Un0wut2du

Un0wut2du Peer Supporter

Try to see "All The Rage, saved by Sarno" with your husband. They interview Howard in that film as well as Larry David and the John Stossel piece is referenced. Senator Tom Harkin etc.