1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

How to tell if it is TMS or not

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by twocups88, Jun 24, 2020.

1. twocups88

twocups88 Well known member

Hello all,

I have been lingering on this site for the past couple of weeks. I have gotten one good advice from people about my condition. I still can't figure out if this is structural or TMS. My brain tends to tell me it is structural or a true medical issue. I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis years back and it comes and goes. These past two weeks I have been in a flare and it hurts like heck. Here are the reasons I think it may be structural or TMS.

TMS:
    -The pain has went away in the past when I was obsessed/worried about something else.
    -The Drs. Can't figure out what causes this.
    - I developed the Interstitial Cystitis after one of the most stressful times in my life.
    -I am always looking for ways to solve the Interstitial Cystitis/ pain.

Reasons I think it is a medical problem:
    - I can feel the inflammation in my body around my bladder. Tingling, joint pain. Especially when I eat an inflammatory food.
    -My bladder hurts when it fills. This also happens when Im not in a flare.But when I'm in a flare I can feel it more and Im obsessed with it.

Any advice or suggestions would be truly appreciated.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

The REAL reason you think it's a medical problem is because this is what your fearful primitive brain WANTS you to think.

Go back to the list of reasons it's TMS, and read them. Do it again. And again. And again. Until you are willing to tell your primitive fearful brain to f*** off and stop bothering you.

Oh, and google "stress and inflammation". Yes, inflammation is a real physiological process - but guess where it comes from? There's no fire without a spark.

Lizzy likes this.
  3. twocups88

Thank you Jan. I start to believe it is from the mind then my bladder starts hurting more when filling and it feels like a cut inside my bladder. Its strange.

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

And yet you have already answered it for yourself!

Don't forget this truth - YOU have the power to change your thoughts, and therefore your experience!

5. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi! IC is most definitely TMS and has nothing to do with your diet. I suffered from this many years ago and it went as mysteriously as it came. I went through quite an ordeal at the time though! Avoid all forums and message boards and book on the topic of IC. They are toxic and based on inaccuracy and false beliefs. Years later I had to have bladder surgery because of a rough childbirth and I still have not had any reoccurrence of bladder issues. It is totally psychological and rooted in anxiety.

6. twocups88

thank you Miffy. I’m glad you got through it.