1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

how to regain interest in things I used to love or gain new interest in things?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by stevow7, Feb 22, 2022.

Tags:
  1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

Maybe i'm not have been applying tms technique and instead I keep searching only for search of help.

But I currently find myself not being interested in many things and I'm scared that while Im gaining interest back in weightlifting I might stress my body more and keep my mental fatigue even worst.

thoughts?

2. NCGal

NCGal New Member

Maybe check out some type of new hobby. I found gardening. And it’s not just the physical. I get my “research tendencies” out. Turn the energy you put into looking for help towards something else. I research planting zones, seed starting, square foot gardening, container gardening, garden pests, etc. I also buy seeds endlessly. I can’t resist a display case or catalogue.

Cactusflower likes this.
  3. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

You will regain interest when you can calm your brain and stop at least some of the constant thought loops only about your physical and mental condition. When you can focus more on the emotional and put a foot outside of this loop, you will begin to slowly widen your interests.
    NCgal’s response is excellent. There are a million things you can do. Go for a walk, start taking photos, go to an outdoor cafe and people watch, take a drive (or ride) a short distance to a new place to observe, go to the book store and find something new to read, start to meditate, cook or eat a dish that is new to you and savor it, make a playlist of songs that help you slow your thinking. Learn to NOT do instead of doing - to slow, breathe, quiet the whirling mind. Be ok with slowness, soaking up the universe thoughtfully.
    I spend time daily with slow, repetitive piano music that helps me breath in, then out more slowly, 1/2 hr every day. Slows the mind.

4. stevow7

thats actually nice. I do like to help others a lot of the times.

5. stevow7

I see so you're saying I should just not listen to my repetitive mind? but what happens when im constantly tired mentally and physically and I start blaming stuff?