1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How to Reframe Negative and Limiting Beliefs

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, May 23, 2016.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

How to Reframe Negative and Limiting Beliefs
    1. How do you let go of negative thoughts and limiting beliefs? Draw a line down the middle of a piece of notebook paper, then write all your limiting beliefs on one side of the line that you can think of and all your negative thoughts on the other side of the line you drawed. Next look at your limiting beliefs, they might be I'm out of shape, I hurt all the time, no one understands me, I'll always be over weight and I'm getting old. Remember these will look as truths in your life but in reality these are beliefs you are limiting yourself with, you have to believe in your heart you are at your best weight so you can loose weight, so instead of thinking I'm fat, change that belief to I'm getting better and stronger in my mind and body, I can start a walking program and loose all the extra weight I want, I am in control of my weight, I am beautiful.

2. See how these new beliefs are empowering, it's the reframed empowering thoughts that get you to bring those thoughts into reality. Next look at your negative thoughts, I'm so insecure, no one likes me, I'm tired all the time, will I ever feel like exercising? Reframe these thoughts to I'm full of security, everyone loves me, I have vast amounts of energy, I feel like exercising CAUSE I pay no attention to any doubts, I focus on my energy and I feel great. This is how you will change your perceptions, thus changing your thoughts and thus changing your actions and your reality, if you want change begin with your beliefs and negative self talk and work it out the way I have it taught above, in a few weeks you will thank me.
      Bless you.
      Eric Watson 2014

Janine28, Gigi, Ines and 2 others like this.
  2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Excellent post Herbie and so timely.

It's such a simple but powerful and rewarding task if carried out on a daily basis.

I've always enjoyed your post, welcome back my friend.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Great reminder and a common-sense truth we tend to forget. Thank you! I've read your past posts, as well, and got a lot from each one. Peace.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

This reminds me, Herbie, of one of my favorite sayings, "our brain is the most powerful tool we have." This is borne out by Sarno's work too. Once we convince our brains that TMS is the problem, we can begin to solve it.