1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Tutorial how to quote text of post, reply, quote another part, reply, etc

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Ellen, Jun 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I know how to edit and quote a specific part of a post so I can reply, but I don't know how to do it multiple times if I want to write separate comments to different quotes. I'm sure it's easy, and I'm just overlooking something simple, but would appreciate instructions on how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Forest likes this.
  2. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

And while you're at it Forest:), I'd love to know how to quote a post. I see others doing it and would love to know how it's done.

Thank you!:shame:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    Forest likes this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

4. Colly

Ok here goes. Let's hope this works! Thanks Forest!

Forest likes this.
  5. Forest

Bravo!

6. Forest

Heya, folks, this was a great question, and I finally got to the video. Here goes:
    I took some time to give you a really solid foundation in how the quotes work. Hope it makes things clear!

PS - I was able to record it in one take!!

7. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks so much, Forest! I knew the answer would be something simple--you can hit the reply key more than once! I will give it a try today when I attempt to respond to your Magnum Opus on 'knowledge therapy' ;)

My favorite part is the use of the word 'gobbledygook'. Yes, I looked up the spelling. :) I love words like this. Another favorite is 'cattywampus'.

Forest likes this.
  8. Forest

Cattywampus does really roll off the tongue, I have to say...

Just for fun, I thought that I'd mention that in about 6 months (hopefully less), we'll be upgrading the software again. With the new feature, when you select text from a post with your mouse, a menu will pop up asking if you want to quote the text in a reply. Great stuff!

Here's a programmer, named Kier, describing the new feature: (don't watch the whole thing unless you are bored or very curious, as it is quite wonkish)

9. Colly

OMG! Forest I just stumbled on this! You're such a sweetheart, thank you! And it's so nice to hear you say my name... made me all warm and fuzzy!!

I loved the gobbledygook part too - very funny Forest! For the record, I love the word "Discombobulate"!

10. Forest

Aww, thanks! You always brighten my day, Colly. I'm glad to hear people are still watching it.