1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 40 How to make the SEP more effective?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Laudisco, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

I have been quite impressed with the SEP so far! I don't think anything needs to be changed really.

I think it's important to have a variety of different ways for people who learn differently, so I like how the program incorporates videos, various types of journalling, relaxation exercises, and opportunities to post on the forum.

One idea which could help some people is to incorporate visual arts - such as drawing, painting, and doodling - into their journalling. Some people find this particularly useful, because the process of scribbling on a page or expressing emotions in colours can be therapeutic.

Also, recently on a Facebook group I did a Google hangout with several people, and I really enjoyed it. Perhaps people doing the SEP could do some group Google hangouts to share ideas and encourage each other. I think it would be useful to have a leader or facilitator though, to make sure people stay on topic and remain positive.

It would also be cool to see some more success stories of people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I found quite a few on CFS Unravelled, but I think this could really help many people.

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) and Ellen like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Good suggestions, Laudisco, adding videos and drawings to journaling.
    And Group Googling hangouts.
    Different strokes for different folks.