1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with work related stress?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Time2be, May 29, 2018.

1. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

Usual stress related to work overload is something I learned to tackle. I learned to say no, to shrug it off etc. Now I have a situation where a trusted colleague accused me for not having properly organized a project we had together. I am flabbergasted. Hadn’t seen that coming at all. It’s true, I had to rearrange some meetings because of other duties. I thought that everything happened with her agreement. Now I am invited for a talk with the boss. I guess they will tell me that we have to find ways to organize better etc. So, I am not due for firing. But I know that they keep a record and this will be remembered. I also feel bad because I always stepped in for my colleagues and now I feel my loyalty is betrayed.
    Besides more practical issues - how to deal with the situation strategically - how do you manage emotionally? I just came out of a phase with on and off pain. Having learned a lot about myself and thought I reached a more calm place. And now I see my new calmness going down the drain. On the other hand, what is calmness worth if it doesn’t have an impact on a situation like this? And I am really angry, very angry!! And a bit anxious.