1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How to combat TMS stomach issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by DC123, Jul 30, 2016.

1. DC123

DC123 New Member

For months I have been battling low/mid back pain as well as some pain in my sacrum. Since completing "Healing Back Pain" as well as Dr Sarnos other two books my back pain has been decreasing and I have been getting back into physical activities. During this three week span of improvement in the back I have developed stomach issues, mostly a bloated stomach after every single meal. Some meals it's will be accompanied by pain in the mid stomach. I went and saw my Naturopath who did not see it as a serious issue and does think it can be related to stress. She put me on a specific diet (Fodmap). The diet does help but the days I have zero back pain my stomach feels the worst.
    I know it has to be TMS and my body attempting to jump symptoms. My question is how did some of you go about TMS stomach issues? Did you continue to eat foods that might have made your stomach worse (or at least conditioned to make it feel worse)?

Any info will be great!!

Thank you!

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

If it's TMS, it's not about the food, you can eat anything you want, no special diets, that's playing into the hands of the structural. If it's TMS, then you're experiencing the SYMPTOM IMPERATIVE. If it's TMS then you treat it like any other symptom, switch your thinking to the psychological exploring what emotional issues are causing the symptom, as a protective defense mechanism.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    birdsetfree likes this.
  3. DC123

DC123 New Member

Thank you for your feedback