1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Program how long in bad cases? 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tvtimmy, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Tvtimmy

Tvtimmy Newcomer

outbreak number 2
    A few years back I had a back problem and found Dr. Sarno. Everything made perfect sense and after my episode, I've had no back pain since. Fast forward to a few weeks ago.
    I'm riding my wife's peloton bike and hit the peddle weird immediately hurting my hip. Not a big deal I pushed through and finished the ride. Within three days I could no longer walk the pain was so great.
    But the pain was my hip, not my back, so TMS never entered my mind. I went to the emergency room for some kind of pain relief and they told me I had Hip Bursitis. Once again not back pain so not TMS.
    The treatment of Hip Burcisits is bed rest. I laid still for two days but I still couldn't walk. At this point, the pain was making my right leg spasm and have sciatic pain. I went to an orthopedist and right away she informed me she thought I have a bulging disc. And I got an x-ray and MRI.
    I think we all know what they found... yep all the bad stuff that Dr. Sarno tells you not to focus on. That's when it finally hit me that I have TMS again. So for 2 weeks, I've been focusing back on my TMS mantra. But the pain is still making sleep and walking hard.
    Anyway, I'm wondering how long till I can get my mind to get over the pain in a real bad case? is two weeks possible?