1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How long before your nerve symptoms started to improve?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Sam007, Mar 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Sam007

Sam007 New Member

Those with nervy symptoms (numbness, tingling, pins and needles etc.), how long after starting TMS work, did your symptoms start to dissipate? I know the answer would vary person to person, but just trying to get an idea.

Thanks!

2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Symptoms are symptoms. The nature of them are irrelevant and calendar watching will delay progress because it makes you dependent on an outcome. The truth is you are already well, but your brain hasn't caught up yet. For some people it takes a minute and for some years. It has nothing to do with symptoms and everything to do with the person's mindset, their beliefs, their thoughts, emotions, and day to day life. We have individual minds so this is highly variable.

Balsa11 likes this.
  3. Kellso

Kellso New Member

Hi @miffybunny I really enjoy reading your replies. Can you tell me the therapist you worked with to resolve your symptoms? I have my symptoms (burning mouth and troubling swallowing) 2 years and think it's time I sought some expert advice

miffybunny likes this.
  4. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi Sam,

I had sciatica in both legs and pain and numbness in both arms and hands. It took a day or two, using visualization and creating a massive amount of excitement and enthusiasm, to increase blood flow to the nerves and recover. I kept it up for a few days and reversed the conditioned response part of TMS. After that I was fine.

Depending on a number of factors, it could be quick or take a few days. However, what's most important is that you set your mind that you will recover no matter what. Once you do that, TMS will go away much faster.

Sam007 likes this.
  5. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Did you have all of these symptoms for a long period of time? I can’t help but think if a person has these types of symptoms for a long time it will take longer for them to go away.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  6. FredAmir

Let's see, I had back, neck, shoulder, knee, and foot pain as well as pain and numbness in my legs, arms, and hands for total of 25 months. I guess you could call that a long time. However, with TMS it is just reduction of blood flow, no matter how long you've had it. All I did was to counter the repressed anger and rage and then the conditioned response and I recovered rapidly.

tgirl likes this.
  7. Sam007

Sam007 New Member

Wow. That is very impressive. Thank you for sharing such encouraging experience!!

FredAmir likes this.
  8. Sunrise

Sunrise Peer Supporter

It feels like nerve issues are the new "back pain" - I've noticed an increase in posts relating to neuropathic symptoms on this forum and on other discussion platforms as well. Could just be some form of confirmation bias or similar.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  9. FredAmir

According to Dr. Sarno, once you no longer fear a symptom your mind will give you one that will scare you!

when I got used to the back pain sciatica showed up in my right leg. Once I learned to live with it and got used to it, sciatica showed up in my left leg. No fun.

10. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

I’m wondering how the numbness in your arms fit into this? Did it come on separately from the leg issues? Nerve issues can be pretty scary.

11. FredAmir

Good questions. I explain it in detail in this interview I did with Omar Pinto host of the popular Sharing Helps Addicts In Recovery (SHAIR) podcast, He invited me to offer drug-free option for pain relief.

tgirl likes this.