1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 How is my treatment going and emotions connected to pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by felipedacosta, May 6, 2021.

1. felipedacosta

felipedacosta Newcomer

Hello everyone,

I'd like to share my answers to Day 8 Educational Program

1) How's my treatment going?

I've noticed significant improvement in my finger and hand pain and I have been able to use my computer normally without worrying about the pain. The funny thing is that ever since I've started the program the pain has been jumping all around my body from head to toe, but if I ignore it doesn't last long. I have also noticed an increase in the ringing in my ears, but I also just ignore it.

2) Are you having success at recognizing the emotions connected to your pain? If you have, how do these emotions make you feel? If not, what do you think is preventing you from doing this?

After doing some journaling, I have found some traumatic past experiences that still affect me. I've began to realize the enormous amount of repressed feelings I have inside of me, but I feel like I can't fully get in touch with them yet, probably because I have always avoided strong feelings. I'm considering hiring a psychotherapist so I can have a professional guiding me through this.