1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 How I'm doing with treatment

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Vital_Nature, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Vital_Nature

Vital_Nature Newcomer

I'm doing OK. I've come to enjoy the journaling. It's interesting that while I'm journaling about one topic, I make other connections. Some of my current stress revolves around my recent retirement -- connecting that to my pain makes sense. But then I remembered that the first time I had pain...pain that was excruciating...was while I was finishing up my divorce and trying to sort out where a new relationship was going.

The pain itself seems a little better. My morning, upon waking up, pain is not as intense as it had been. And it still fades as the day wears on, popping up occasionally. But today I did struggle again during the day with bending over and getting my socks and shoes on.

Overall, I'm optimistic for this approach. I see my primary care doctor on Friday for my annual (well bi-annual) checkup. I thought I might send him some of the materials from this wiki so that we could talk about it. Also, so that I could rule out any structural issues.

Thanks for reading,
    Jeff

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Jeff,
    I am glad you feel you are making some progress. Your note has a very relaxed tone, which is interesting to me. I think that if you focus on the learning aspects of journaling, and ignore the "doing the journaling to get rid of pain" thinking (which is natural), this is a good thing. Good luck in your exploration.
    Andy B.

3. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Good stuff Jeff. This SEP is awesome and it really does help us heal. Thanks for sharing your progress so far.

Kevin

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Vital Nature. I'm glad that journaling in the SEProgram has been helping you. It led me to discover I had been repressing emotions of anger and insecurity since my parents divorced when I was seven. Journaling helped me to think more about them and I realized they had their own TMS pains and stresses. That helped me to forgive them and forgiving stopped my severe back pain. So keep journaling to learn what anger or other emotions you may be repressing. Then forgive whoever caused them. Forgiving is the great healer.