1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16 How I relate to Enrique's Story.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by wrestlingfanforever, Jul 27, 2021.

1. wrestlingfanforever

wrestlingfanforever Peer Supporter

OMG i actually love this task of writing about how we relate to Enriques story- because in so many ways- that story is me. We could literally replace his RSI with my head pain and the effects it has had.

Getting TMS (i thought they were concussions- or they were Whiplash/ Concussions that LEAD to TMS) affected my confidence in wrestling. I would purposely not do certain moves and i would decline taking certain moves in fear of someone dropping me on my head (yes some of wrestling is choreographed btw). I don't trust anyone to keep me safe in the ring anymore so this has knocked my confidence in my ability to do my job- just like Enrique's confidience in his skills at work and avoiding using a keyboard/mouse.

Still being kinda skeptical about tms- just like enrique was. For some reason- its so easy for me to know TMS affects my back and my shoulder and my stomach- i can accept this without convincing. Sometimes i have a feeling of 'well maybe this concussion/migrain/head stuff is different this time'. I am scared and annoyed that i feel this was because i overcame ALL of my previous concussions after i realised they all turned into TMS too.

ALSO a major thing that i also relate to- was OTHER random illnesses/ nagging things disappearing when i realised it was tms. His bad neck from a car accident went after TMS and it reminded me of how my shoulder pain (that wasnt even my main pain) had also gone. About 5 years ago, i had torn my AC ligament (clavicle) in a wrestling match. For years i modified the moves i did in the ring and at the gym and was always weary. This year, after realising TMS can target previous injuries- my shoulder feels SO MUCH BETTER. I can bench press again. Even tho i still have a missing ligament- i can do chest flies and other stuff that i feared, PAIN FREE. Also, my skin rashes (that i randomly developed) have cleared since knowing about TMS.

Another way i relate to Enrique is that i am willing to do whatever it takes to get better. i am open minded. My life is worth fighting for.

Do any of you relate too?