1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 How I am doing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by valerie, Jun 11, 2013.

1. valerie

valerie Peer Supporter

For the most part, through this 25 day + journey, I have been doing really well. My back pain is mostly non-existent, and my knee still hurts once in a while but it is not debilitating. For some reason for the last few days or so I have been struggling. I keep feeling a twitching in my leg, mostly when i am trying to sleep - that hasn't been there for weeks. And lately i've also had trouble sleeping, last night I think I slept about 30 minutes and had to cancel a non-urgent trip today because I couldn't face the 5a.m. wake up call. My mind is going over and over with things to do and I am feeling behind and out of control. I also think I'm nervous about going back east tomorrow for a long trip - last time I was there my back pain started.
    But it's a new day. (well at 10 a.m.) so here I am back at the wiki. I obviously need to journal!

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

You wrote what I was thinking....journal. Journal about this trip. I journal before I go to bed at night trying to write about everything I can think of that is on my mind. There maybe one thing I miss and sure enough I wake up with it spinning in my head. I sit up, turn on the light and journal. I will never be able to go back to sleep until I do this. My mind will not stop spinning.

My body is an alarm bell that something is bothering. I will have to journal, I believe, for the rest of my life. You are doing great. You will get this figured out.