1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 How I’m doing today ?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Leelee111, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Leelee111

Leelee111 New Member

I feel ok I don’t have many doubts re
    the diagnosis.

I’m doing well exercising again, and working
    though the program to journal and see if i
    can shine a light on any thing I am
    repressing.

I do find im obsessing about my hip pain
    And back pain a bit, almost monitoring it
    subconsciously.

I feel I should maybe try to totally ignore it
    More ? I am also using the foam roller and
    massage ball it helps relax me, but I don’t know if I should just stop and totally
    Ignore it?

I guess I have a bit of fear comming up ie
    what if this doesn’t go etc in my mind.

But then I tell myself all my flare ups have
    gone before this will go again.

I do find guided meditation helps me a lot.

Also telling myself while I’m exercising, I’m
    ok I’m fit and well and there is nothing wrong with me. This helps me.

Any feed back would help.

I will add that I had a fear of running for months and months and I can run again now .

Have a good day to everyone.

kind regards

Lee

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey, Lee, thanks for the update. Glad to see you are doing exercise again. It's super helpful to live in your body in a non-fearful manner. TMS feeds on attention and fear, so anything that gets you out of the pain and fear cycle is a great thing. As much as possible, you want to starve it of that attention, though. That definitely means trying to monitor it less. This may take a while, but just keep coming back to it...