1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 40 How I’d change the programme

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JTaylor, Jan 27, 2022.

1. JTaylor

JTaylor New Member

I’ve really enjoyed this programme. It’s allowed me to learn a lot about myself and issues have come to the surface that I’ve repressed for many years. I’ve found the journaling particularly useful in that regard. I’ve also really enjoyed reading success stories. It makes me feel less alone. The only thing I’ve found a bit difficult is when there’s really long videos to watch. Yesterday there was a 45 minute video. I didn’t watch it as I really didn’t have time, but the obsessive part of my brain tells me that I should complete every single thing from each day....I know that’s one of the traits of TMS - trying to do everything in a perfect way. For those days, I think it could be good to have a shorter video or success story to choose if we don’t have time to watch a long one, or just don’t fee, up to watching a really long video for whatever reason. Otherwise I wouldn’t change anything, I really enjoyed it!

ssxl4000 likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi JTaylor

Great feedback, and glad you enjoyed the journaling so much.

I love your observation about your obsessive urge to "do it all and do it right." I think that shows some great learning. It might help, whether any videos are changed or not, to add some kind of gentle comment like "don't worry about doing all this just right. If you engage this program seriously, and not perfectly, you will have benefits."

Andy

JTaylor likes this.