1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How do people overcome fatigue-TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Free of Fear, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

Hey there everyone. How do people deal with fatigue from TMS? Is it the same principles, like not accommodating it, taking to your brain, etc.?

I'm noticing that fatigue creeps up a lot for me, all my medical tests are fine, I sleep well, exercise, and so on, so I'm pretty sure it's TMS/MBS.

Thank you!

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

As with all symptoms, realizing that they are TMS symptoms is the first step. Not giving in to them is the second, but as many people find out this is not always possible instantaneous. I had an episode of extreme fatigue and it took me a couple of months to recover and not have to take a nap during the day. So, try to find a balance between not giving in and allowing yourself the time to recover.
    We often don't realize how much energy we spend on worrying, analyzing, being hypervigilant. The fight/flight modus that we spend a lot of our time in when we are TMS-ing, is one of high energy consumption. Simultaneously it is often a strategy of our brain to make us feel fatigued in an effort not to have to face certain rising emotions.

westb, Sofa and Free of Fear like this.
  3. Free of Fear

Thank you! Just hearing this is helpful, and I appreciate it.

Sofa likes this.
  4. Sofa

Sofa Well known member

Here is something to consider. Sometimes what's helped me get through a fatigued funk, is to actually rest. I could be wrong, but sometimes listening to your body is called for. Fatigue (to me) is your body saying take a rest. So trying to power through workouts may not be wise. After you rest for a week or two...THEN you can get back in the saddle feeling revitalized!

5. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

I think we're probably using a hell of a lot of energy brain-wise to do this TMS work, which I guess may in turn deplete the energy supply to the rest of our body; I thought this article entitled 'New study shows why the brain drains so much of the body's energy' was interesting https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-does-the-brain-need-s/ (Why Does the Brain Need So Much Power?) Perhaps some mental relaxation regularly throughout the day will help with your fatigue. (I stop everything I'm doing for a regular breather and cup my eyes qigong style to give myself a rest and a boost - I just rub my palms together for a few seconds and then cup them over my eyes; for me it brings a lot of relief.)

Free of Fear, westb and Sofa like this.
  6. Free of Fear

Thanks Blood Moon, I'll check out the article! And maybe try the eye thing too :)

BloodMoon likes this.
  7. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

I was just reading ACE1's tips for healing/recovery and noticed that he actually used eye cupping as one of his techniques to get well. (ACE1's an oncologist who cured his own chronic pain.) Under point number 10 of his tips he says, "One more technique is palming, where you close your eyes and cup your eyes with both hands to exclude light. You could do this while saying your affirmation in the background (this really does work)." ACE1's tips are in this thread (to see the full tips, rather than the condensed version, you'd need to page down a bit) http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/condensed-version-repeating-the-keys-to-healing-by-ace1.17783/#post-94663/ (Condensed version "Repeating the keys to healing" by Ace1)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    Sita and Free of Fear like this.
  8. Free of Fear

Thank you for this! Trying it now.

BloodMoon likes this.