1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

How do I let a girl know I'm not interested in her without hurting her?

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Davideus85, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Davideus85

Davideus85 Peer Supporter

A couple weeks ago I went on a date with a girl who lives over a hundred miles away. I knew right away that I wasn’t interested in her, but I went with it because I’ve been incredibly lonely. She is a very sweet girl and we have a lot in common but she is very overweight and I’m just not physically attracted to her. We ended up being very physically intimate, which I think was a mistake. After I went home, we talked for a couple days, and she announced that she really wanted to see me again so she was renting a car and booked a stay at a nearby motel so she could see me. I thought this was really weird but I just went with it and we spent a couple days together. She made it clear that she was really into me, and I really tried to give it a chance, but I just found myself counting the hours until she went home. Since she went home, she’s been calling me many times a day. Today she just professed her undying love for me, saying that she “knew the moment she met me that she was in love with me”. I really have no idea how to respond to this. I feel so guilty because I led her on, and I don’t want to hurt this girl. What do I do?

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I say, be honest with her in the kindest way possible. We can't control how others feel, and to think so is a recipe for TMS.