1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

How do I know when I should start typing again?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Lillian55, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Lillian55

Lillian55 Newcomer

Hi everyone,

I've started this journey beginning of April it's been a really and eye-opener for me. But one thing I'm pretty confused about is that some people have started typing right away and some people have waited until the pain way to start typing again.

My TMS symptoms are bilateral arm pain, Tingling, burning, electrical type pain. Plus shoulder and neck pain that comes and goes. I've been journaling every day and I've been doing a lot of activities that I I didn't do before. It's really interesting because even though I'm not typing, And using voice recognition software even just having my hands on my iPad resting causes the symptoms. Which confirms my diagnosis of TMS.

So yeah I'm just a little bit confused about if I should just start typing and ignore it, or should I continue to journal until the pain is gone and then start typing later?

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I had similar symptoms. My approach was trial and error, or rather push and pull. I tried to push, and if I saw increase in symptoms, I would pull back and try again later. Each person is unique and each one of us is our own doctor. Be brave and try anything that looks reasonable, but be reasonable and change tactic when what you try does not work. That's what I did and eventually succeeded.

Balsa11 and Lillian55 like this.
  3. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Type as always. Things that need work are psychological and physical self care. Things like sleep, diet, exercise, self-talk, etc.