1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How do I know I'm not making it worse.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by ali90, Sep 6, 2016.

1. ali90

ali90 New Member

Hi,
    I've been diagnosed with herniated disk a while a go. Recently I found about TMS(Thank GOD) and found relief by applying TMS concept and methods.But I have this feeling or we can call it FEAR that I might make it worse. Although TMS concept working for me like a champ, I still find it very hard to convince myself whether it is really working or just a placebo.Please help me.

Thanks

2. tjlazer

tjlazer New Member

All I can say is try to be reasonable with your activities and not get too crazy? Not sure what you are doing. I think the point is do not baby it and not do things you use to do.

ali90 likes this.
  3. Orion2012

Orion2012 Well known member

Start a TMS evidence list to work on those doubts. Pain moves? Evidence! Pain reduces? Evidence! Pain gets worse! More evidence!

And keep reading!

birdsetfree likes this.
  4. ali90

ali90 New Member

I really believe I've got TMS. The pain moves around my neck and leg but mostly centered around my back(left side ).I'm definitely much better overall,but damn it's very hard to convince my stubborn subconscious mind that the pain is not due to structural.

5. Orion2012

Orion2012 Well known member

The subconscious probably isn't concerned with structural or not. That distraction seems to be for the conscious mind.

The subconscious seems to most often crave deeper self-compassion and forgiveness, things us TMS types apparently struggle with.

birdsetfree likes this.