1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How do I gain confidence ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Davenyc1, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Davenyc1

Davenyc1 New Member

i believe in tms and have had my symptoms go to about 20 different body parts over the years. I feel great when they move to the new place but unfortunately over the past years I haven’t had a full day of no symptoms. I guess I have come to think that is a normal way to live. It’s kind of silly but the only time I feel good is when I am having drinks with a couple of my friends.
    I am trying to change that pattern but how do you gain the confidence in yourself and body ?

2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

You start to notice tiny "successes"...like 10 minutes when you weren't aware of pain, or an activity you did with no problem...little things... Then write them down as an "Evidence Sheet" or a little notebook. This way you have a written list of reminders to boost your confidence!

birdsetfree likes this.
  3. Sammie

Sammie Peer Supporter

Davenyc1, like you, I have daily symptoms. Sometimes mine are so intense, I start thinking there must surely be something fatal going on! I never get relief. But for some reason when I go to bed the pain will ease up? Causes lots of anxiety and depression. I have done a lot of work to try and heal, so far I haven’t seen a lot! Frustrating!

I have seen a MBS doctor and was diagnosed with MBS. He said something to me that at the time was confusing, “You are already healed, you just don’t know it yet”. I think I’m starting to understand. My brain is trying to win and convince me I’m sick. One thing I have found out over the years of pain is...I AM NOT A QUITTER! I will never stop fighting. Make sure you don’t either! Eat healthy and watch your alcohol consumption, been there, done that. I try and eat healthy and rarely drink. May not work for everyone. But to me it’s very important!

I hope this helps!