1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How do I deal with structural wrench in TMS

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Morrie, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Morrie

Morrie New Member

I have been doing TMS work for over a month now (reading 2 sarno books and the SEP up to day 25). I've had 25 years of back (mostly thoracic with some neck) and shoulder pain. About 6 weeks ago I suddenly developed severe left hip and thigh pain (more painful than anything previously). Someone suggested Dr Sarno's books and after reading them I was convinced my issues have been TMS all along. I have been improving and gradually starting to return to some of my physical activities of a couple of months ago.

Here's the issue: today my MRI results came back showing a lesion (extradural lesion 1.8 x 0.7 cm in size on the left side at L2). I now need further testing and a neurosurgery consult regarding the lesion/tumour.
    This could take awhile.
    My concern is how do I deal with the TMS doubt this creates. Even if this growth explains the pain for this new issue, all my middle back issues and previous problems aren't explained structurally and thus must be TMS. (Never mind the anxiety/fear this is probably creating as these type of lesions can be metastatic.)
    I'm hoping it turns out to be a false alarm.
    Thanks for any advice
    Morrie

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Doctors and tests can scare us. Often they are wrong and the pain is not structural but psychological,
    as Dr. Sarno says, from repressed emotions. I'm not a doctor, but a strong believer in TMS and healed from
    back and shoulder pain from discovering my repressed emotions that went back to my boyhood (divorced parents, etc.)

Keep at the SEP program and journaling to discover your repressed emotions and I believe you will heal.