1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

how do I cry

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by newlearner, Jan 31, 2022.

1. newlearner

newlearner Peer Supporter

Ok, so I'm coming to understand this repressed rage.

A few times I've felt myself start to cry... but it doesn't happen. Guidance?

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi newlearner,

I would suggest starting right where you are with the awareness that you started to cry, and then it didn't happen. Feel into this, perhaps journal about this ---what you were thinking about, why you might cry, perhaps what messages you have taken in that it isn't OK to cry in the past. Or gently bring yourself back to these moments, sensing into your emotional body. I think it is important to simply be in this moment of starting to cry, and have some tender curiosity about it.

Probably when it is time to cry, this will happen. In the meantime be curious and accepting, and feeling yourself. Breaking through to crying when you normally wouldn't is not the end-all to getting better with TMS, but it is interesting that it has gotten your attention. This is probably a good move in itself.

Like so many who have come to this site, it seems that feeling is becoming more important to you. Bravo!

Andy