1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

how do i achieve outcome independence

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Beawake, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Beawake

Beawake New Member

I really need help in becoming outcome independent?

i spend so much of my my day thinking about how i did well on a good day or what proof i have and how i don't need to do anything when im sitting around in pain , that its okay, but this thinking has become automatic and i know its not helping, i try to watch the thoughts go by but i find that so hard, i don't know what to do most o the day as im stuck in with my child and i cant do my drawing or crafts because he wont let me

once i managed to be outcome independent and my symptoms went or two hours, i didnt realsise i was doing OI,i focused on welcoming the fear and sensations and told my brain we would only do what we felt safe doing. but since then i can't seem to achieve that, i just feel so fucked up by my thoughts.

i try thinking o what i see smell and that feels hard doing it all day, im sure this is not supposed to be as hard as I've created it.

my son will be 2 this year and i want his mummy to be happier and not crying everyday

id do anything to just feel confident, ive been doing this a year and still have no energy to live my life, and flares happen every few days, like if i have a few better days then bam its high and im scared again, this is the pattern

Balsa11 likes this.
  2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Go back to practicing OI when symptoms have died down and you'll be able to tolerate flares better

Do you have support in raising your child?