1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How did we get above 70?

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

In the "All Subforums" list, on the right, is a list of members of our community who have registered and been here in the last 48 hours. I check it periodically to see how our community is doing. To get a vibrant conversation with multiple perspectives that attracts people's attention requires a certain critical mass. To ensure the long life of our independent "TMS Peer Network" nonprofit, we need to build this community. Good conversations inspire other good conversations, and encourage more experienced people to stick around and share their experience. As people build connections on the forum, some of them will want to take leadership roles, which will ensure the continued growth of our Peer Network and help us achieve our mission of spreading the word about TMS.

To see how we are doing, I check this list periodically. Normally, I expect it to be in the mid forties. Sometimes it gets down into the thirties, and that worries me, but I figure that thirty people is still enough to have some great conversations. It's a great day when it gets above 50, and on the truly banner days it gets above 60 and a little "... and x more" message pops up below, because the list is currently only configured to show 60 people. People who were here most recently are listed near the top.

Anyway, recently, it popped up to 71! How did that happen?!
    upload_2014-2-26_10-15-23.png

I had never seen that before.

Good things are ahead, my friends. Thank you for your support.

2. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Signs of souls awakening…

It's a beautiful thing!

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Ellen like this.
  3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

And a reflection of the great content available through the Forum, due to the hard work and dedication of Forest and the many other volunteers who help to make the Forum what it is.

It keeps me coming back!

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

This is wonderful, Forest. Hard work pays off. Your leadership is producing fantastic results.

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Awesome. So cool how our community continues to grow. One reason is because we are speaking truth to one another. Healing is not always easy but it is obtainable as all of our friends know. This community also has the best friends in he World. I have made friends from countries that I wish to visit someday. I can always know that when I'm here I have that advice I need to get me through the rough times and allows me to enjoy all the good times. We use each others experiences to grow and learn from. We all have a story and we're speaking it from our hearts whether that story has winding rds. or top of the mountain climbs we're all doing this together and that's real friendship each step of the way.:)

North Star likes this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

You express it well, Herbie. I never dreamed when I first checked into TMSWiki that I was going to meet such
    caring people and from all over the world. Pain has brought us together, but caring and sharing has made us
    an amazing community. The fact that more people are joining us is proof of the need there is to help each other.

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I had a very frustrating time this morning on the computer and telephone trying to get help.
    Then when I got up to do something I had a minor bout of dizziness.

That would have scared me before, but knowing about stress and TMS causing dizziness among other things,
    I sat down and it went away. Then I laughed to relieve the stress and am sure that helped, too.

I work too hard and fast some times and juggle too many things at once.
    I still need to slow down and not be so compulsive and conscientious.
    I could be half as conscientious and still beat the socks off most other people.

8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank You Walt , your a true trooper. You could outwork me any day with all the writing you do. Your a ball of energy with the fire to back it up and you have learned how to harness that power from the lessons you have learned in life. Your very very wise and I wonder just how wise you are sometimes. I feel like we just see the top of walts abilities like the top of an iceberg and the rest is hidden cause of humbleness.

I really appreciate your lessons in me being me in our book writing adventure and that it was, I nearly died. I thought God for this to happen and I live -- it will be extraordinary. And I lived so I'm so excited what we have put together through literal blood sweat and tears. You knew how bad it was for me but you kelp your faith that I was going to make it. That faith from you and others praying for me really pulled me through the hardest time of my life and it was like the movies. I never thought in a million years that I would almost die for the second time in my life.

Well bring it on enemy if that was the case cause I have learned lessons in life that only the masters could know or even come close to explaining. I have seen the darkness and the light pulled me through. I basically laid out every technique I used to heal myself in that book, even at the time of a near death experience. I hope everyone gets to read this book -- its raw and real. True and sad. Informational and funny. If you can leave a piece of you in your book -- I really believe we did just that and that's all you can do.

Bless you

North Star likes this.
  9. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Awesome!! I remember the old days with the wetpaint site! Glad we are way beyond that. Someday the count will be in the hundreds, then thousands.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  10. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Yes it will and then hundreds of thousands. How could it not -- this is the central hub for all things healing that work. Awesome

11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Thank you for the kind words, Herbie. I feel the same about you. We both practiced patience in
    co-authoring a very complex book. We helped each other to finish it.

I've been repaginating it again this morning and am having luck. I could be finished in another two hours.
    Then I can submit the revised final version to CreateSpace and that should finally get the right version printed.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.