1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

How could I solve my problems ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ariel233, Aug 5, 2020.

1. ariel233

ariel233 New Member

Hey

So I'm familiar with TMS since the year of 2015, when I suffered from chronic pain for few months that completely solved after I read a book of Dr John Serano.
    Since then I suffered from a few stress related problems like depression, anxiety and even shingles.
    I'll try to explain it as short as I can, but even if it's a little bit long try to take few minutes and read, its really important for me.

So I'm 22 Male

I had a few mental problems the past few years but I will split them to 2 main categories.

The first one - performance anxiety that included sexual performance anxiety (couldn't make it hard) that took me 4-5 months the get rid of and its I believe because I with the same girl for the past 3.5 years, I'm pretty sure that if I would need to be with new girl right now It will come back BIG TIME.
    another thing that I developed just in age 16-17 it's speech anxiety - I'm literally shacking everytime I need to read something in front of people, if its short for like few seconds I could do it but if its more than that I physically can't do it, even if I have the courage to try, I'm like run out of air to speak after few words.
    Before I will move to my second problem I just want to say that I not always was like that, I remember that as a child in elementary school I use to read in front all the school (around 200-300 people) without any problem.

My second problem - I'm really hypochondar and a lot of time I have certain symptoms I freak out and think I have some dangerous disease and start to imagine another symptoms.
    Also when I face a health problem (like the sexual performance anxiety) I think about it 24/7 and it really disturb me from living life normally and I'm in a deep depression until it really go away.

So that my main mental problems, I went to few sessions of therapy but the psychologist told me I have deep anxiety problem that I could solve maybe after few years of therapy and now I obviously don't have the money for it.

So to sum up my question is - can I solve my problems without help of therapist ?
    I don't care to read books, follow online programs or change daily habits of mine - anything to get rid of those problems.
    I also as I mentioned above, a big believer in the TMS method since it helped me with my problems in the past.

Just want to say that I'm not going to try anti anxiety meds from my own reasons.

Thanks.

** I had shingles 5 mitnhs ago, I recovered and now I feel their pain again and I suspect it TMS, what so you think ?

** I'm not a native speaker so if something not clear please let me know and I will try to explain better.

2. ariel233

ariel233 New Member

Someone ?

3. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Anxiety is at the root of all your physical and mental discomfort, so the goal is to reduce anxiety and live your life the way you want to live it. That may mean reducing the stressors in your life that are aggravating anxiety as well as examining your emotions and thoughts and how you respond to things. There is no magic bullet. It requires awareness, change and practice. You will have to find what works for you but ultimately you are responsible for your thoughts and reactions and life. This may involve making practical changes in your life, finding modalities to calm your brain (meditation, yoga, practicing mindfulness, walks in nature) and sometimes meds are in order at least temporarily. TMS is anxiety at its core so you will have to do the inner work. The necessary work is changing chronic negative thought habits and allowing yourself to feel your emotions. You will also have to look at your day to day life and assess what is not working for you (this could be a job, relationship, self image, etc etc) and then make some changes to lead a happier life.