1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 How am I doing...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JRF, Jan 2, 2020.

1. JRF

JRF New Member

My treatment is slow, but I do see pain patterns emerging. There are some days my pain is somewhat diminished until a little later in the day. The afternoons are always worse, as well as when I have additional stress. Sometimes, when I have increased anxiety, the pain diminishes as well. It’s as if the pain is transferred to my stomach, which is where the anxiety resides. I have had a vast amount of TMS symptoms over the last 20 years, so I fully believe in TMS. But I do have days where I worry that I won’t be successful this time, that the symptoms will remain alive and well forever. Lately, I have felt the anxiety worsen and that it would overwhelm me completely. I worry about disappointing friends when I can’t hang out, travel, or just be myself. I always feel like I have a secret. I don’t want to focus on the pain anymore, but I do want friends to know I’m in pain still. It’s a difficult balance.

Aimee88 likes this.