1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 How am I doing...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JRF, Jan 2, 2020.

1. JRF

JRF New Member

My treatment is slow, but I do see pain patterns emerging. There are some days my pain is somewhat diminished until a little later in the day. The afternoons are always worse, as well as when I have additional stress. Sometimes, when I have increased anxiety, the pain diminishes as well. It’s as if the pain is transferred to my stomach, which is where the anxiety resides. I have had a vast amount of TMS symptoms over the last 20 years, so I fully believe in TMS. But I do have days where I worry that I won’t be successful this time, that the symptoms will remain alive and well forever. Lately, I have felt the anxiety worsen and that it would overwhelm me completely. I worry about disappointing friends when I can’t hang out, travel, or just be myself. I always feel like I have a secret. I don’t want to focus on the pain anymore, but I do want friends to know I’m in pain still. It’s a difficult balance.

Aimee88 likes this.