1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 How am I doing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by resilient, Mar 4, 2017.

1. resilient

resilient New Member

Hi,

Today's SEP question is how am I doing. The answer is frustrated. There are some moments every day when I start to feel like myself. I am walking 4.5-5miles (up to 2 miles at a time) with great success but I still fear standing and sitting. I hate the vibration sensation in my feet. I also hate that yesterday I ended up with mid-back pain. When the sensations are better controlled, I fear them coming back. I FEAR that I will fail. I am setting myself up for failure in all ways. I need to think of each good moment and try not to Fear the bad ones. I need to stop talking about the pain and control and just give in and let it happen. I think the fear is leading to more pain! Yesterday I went for a massage - not because I needed it but because I enjoy it. Ok, I needed it too. I wanted a break. I was able to let go for a short period of time and give in. I wish I could do this without the massage! I want to feel normal aches and pain not nerve pain and tingling/buzzing. I like to work out and get a little achy and sweaty. That was great, this is ugly! My goal is to try to stop fearing this and keep moving forward.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, resilient. I thin you're dong fine. Just being able to walk 2 miles at a time shows you are making very good progress. Try not to fear getting pain when standing or sitting. Don't let that become a conditioned reflex.
    There's nothing wrong in getting a massage, and it won't interfere with your TMS healing.

3. resilient

resilient New Member

Thanks Walt. I do really enjoy a good massage - it is a treat!