1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 How am I doing?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Watermelon, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Watermelon

Watermelon New Member

How am I doing after 25 days working the program? Well, ok. I still have symptoms. The last two weeks I have actually had an increase in symptoms. The big difference is that I am not worried because I know that it is not a physical/structural cause, so I am not reacting to the pain in an emotional way. This is a huge change for me. I note that I have pain, try to think psychological. I cannot always identify what is going on, but I know that it is not physical, so I don't worry. I try to just ignore the pain so as not to give it too much attention. I know that the healing process is slow, so I am learning to have patience. I don't expect a miracle recovery overnight just from reading Dr. Sarno's book. I am trying to embrace the recovery process and the healing process. I admit that I do get annoyed when the pain increases, just because it hurts or is uncomfortable. But I am so much better than I was 1 year ago, so I try to keep it in perspective. I am moving forward with my life and exercising. I have also carved out time every evening to work the program. I have enjoyed journaling for the first time in my life. I trust that I will continue to heal, and that one day I will be pain free. I am very grateful for having found this program and all the resources that go along with it. I have bought several books to supplement the SEP. I am learning alot. I appreciate everyone's support in this blog.

SebastianM and hopeful_guitarist like this.
  2. hopeful_guitarist

hopeful_guitarist Peer Supporter

Rock on!

Watermelon likes this.
  3. Lydia

Lydia Peer Supporter

Hi there, Happy for you that you're doing so much better and enjoy the program. Great that not-knowing what unconsciously happens on the inside, is not in your way, that you keep on going and trust the program!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Watermelon likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, watermelon. You're doing the right things in the SEProgram and it is paying off in that you feel better than you did a year ago. Keep believing in TMS and you will be completely free of pain.

Watermelon likes this.