1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 25 How am I doing so far

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by walter-z, Jul 8, 2014.

1. walter-z

walter-z New Member

Today, on the 25th day, I was surprised to read at the beginning an invitation to write a post in the forum – but I will probably need more than one minute, because I am familiar with discussions on factory-automation in english but when I want to express my feelings and emotions, then I am missing the words.

What has changed in my life since I have started to work my way through this programme?

I have less pain:
    • I do not wake up at night any more because of back pain and I have significantly less pain when I get up in the morning. After getting up from my bed I can move without doing gymnastics, which would have been impossible earlier.
    • I am doing additional gymnastic exercises without having more pain, although my psychotherapist had advised me against these exercises.
    • During holidays I can sleep well again in beds which are not mine and I can get up in the morning without experiencing any pain.
    • I can sit again in the car for longer periods and I can also get out of the car without problems.

My mental attitude has changed:
    • I do not need to be a 100% painless. It is sufficient that the pain is bearable.
    • I do not think of the pain all the time any more. When I feel the pain again, I think of my fears and feelings.
    • I do not need to finish all my activities that I have planned until the end of the day.
    • I am ready to welcome my wife’s new job and to adapt my daily routine.

I have managed to get through the last pain-attack by lengthy nightly conversations with my brain. The next morning I was pain free! I did not have to go to the hospital any more, like during my attack last year.

The pain is moving in my body from the lower back to the back of the neck and onward to the back of the head, sometimes also to the stomach into the intestines.

What apprehensions do I have? What role had my TMS treatment here?
    That is a good question.
    Of course, my TMS treatment was the cause of these changes. Have these things really changed or am I only believing, that they have changed? - No, it has changed.
    I’ll ask my wife for her observations/impressions. – She tells me, that she has observed that I’m feeling better.
    Thanks to the lord for Dr. Sarno and you guys from the structuterd educational program!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. TmsTom

TmsTom New Member

Well done mate! You have progressed so well. Hang in there and keep going. The pain wants to win! Don't let it have a say

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Aalter-z, you're doing great. I believe your pain has gone away so much because you have practiced
    TMS knowledge and believe in it totally. We can program the pain out of our mind, and you are
    an excellent example of it. Keep up the good work.