1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

hoping this is tms again and not poly neuropathy

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Jimnat7, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Jimnat7

Jimnat7 Peer Supporter

I have had various tms manifestations over the past 30 years. I went to see Dr. Sarno in the 80's. Great man!

6 months ago I had significant stress in my family. Around the same time I developed various scary neurological symptoms. Cramps in my calfs, almost continuous associations in my calfs and feet, numbness in various parts of my body. 3 months ago I tore my calf but rehabed really quickly.

Fasiculations and numbness continued and sometimes my toes move on their own. Went to neurologist to make sure nothing is wrong but he very negative. He thinks poly neuropathy of unknown etiology. said emg and nerve conduction were abnormal.

I was going to him for reassurance that nothing was wrong and he is setting me back considerably.

I am extremely functional but his diagnosis makes it seem that it will just keep getting worse. Nice guy but knows nothing of mind body medicine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Unknown etiology is the strongest indication of TMS. The weirdest are the sensations, the more likely it is psychosomatic - at least for me. My emg was abnormal, too.

3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

He laid a huge NOCEBO on you, very BAD doctoring!
    The Good Doctor has retired and is hopefully playing tennis now that he's in his 90's. His replacement is Dr. Rashbaum, see him if you can. Or, see another TMS physician, there's a directory of them at this web-site. Or, consult by phone or skype with a TMS practitioner.

4. Jimnat7

Jimnat7 Peer Supporter

Thanks for the reply I am new here. I guess after years of getting different tms pains my mind has decided to freak me out with something I wouldn't recognize as tms.

5. Jimnat7

Jimnat7 Peer Supporter

Dr. Sarin

6. Jimnat7

Jimnat7 Peer Supporter

Thanks for the advice.