1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Hoping For A Brand New ME.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ladybrooke, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Ladybrooke

Ladybrooke Newcomer

I have just recently found this forum and do intend to read and educate myself and use the daily tips etc. I have been diagnoses with severe PTSD and to just sum it up... my body hurts. I hurt everywhere, every muscle hurts even my fingers . It moves around like a pain "parade" and can be different everyday. I am testing for fibromyalgia ...but I already suspect that it will be confirmed. Apparrently PTSD and fibromyalgia simply go together . A diagnosis will not change much. My massage therapist directed me to this forum...so here I am ! I totally believe that mentally and emotionally ,I am so severely wounded that my body is now reacting . I need help .. rather, I need to help myself. So, Hi everyone, I am just getting started . I am very teachable, so please offer any advise or support ! Thanks

plum likes this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Welcome, you have come to the right place. You also have a good massage therapists, to see the mental aspect of this!

I wouldn't worry about you fibro diagnosis, it is tms. Time to get to work, start reading and gathering knowledge. Get in your head like you have never been before and look at your relationships. Including the one with yourself. Good luck and take your time. We are what we believe.

Ryan

3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello Angel,

Welcome to our healing sanctuary. Take your time, read around a bit, reflect a while and then pitch in with any questions and musings.

We're a mixed bunch with all kinds of crazy and beautiful hopes, dreams and experiences that all go into the healing pot. You'll find many are super generous in their support and advice.

If you want to explore PTSD related material than search for Peter Levine and/or Somatic Experiencing as there are some great threads devoted to these subjects. As for fibro, @Ellen is our patron saint of recovery and her success story is a gift.

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/recovery-from-20-years-of-fibromyalgia-and-a-lifetime-of-migraines.7924/#post-43808 (Recovery from 20 years of fibromyalgia and a lifetime of migraines)

Plum x

mike2014 likes this.