1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Hopeful

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LindaStu, Jul 20, 2015.

1. LindaStu

LindaStu New Member

My physical therapist (bless his heart) lead me to Dr. Sarno's "Healing Back Pain". I found myself in the pages of that book, and believe it is the missing piece in this 7 month journey of back & leg pain & numbness, drugs, epidurals, etc. I have ordered, and watched Dr. Sarno's lectures several times. I have resumed 95% of my physical activity, things I was too afraid to do before, and am thankful for that. However, I do still struggle with pain. I know many people's pain ends with the knowledge - reading the book, watching the lecture, etc. But mine, while improved, continues...at times, with vengeance! I'm hopeful that this program can finish the job - can teach me how to prevent, or halt the pain when it comes. I want to quit thinking about the pain and move on!!!!

2. JoeB1

JoeB1 Peer Supporter

95%? That's astounding actually! I'm still reading Healing Back Pain and I'm also hopeful about this group and program!

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Linda. It's great that you're resuming activity. Don't worry about the pain. It will go away as you work on the TMS causes.
    It will help you a lot not to think about the pain and instead move on to do and think things that make you happy and relaxed.

Only a few people I've read about actually healed from TMS right away. For most of us it took longer. Part of that is to finally believe
    100 percent in TMS causing our pain. Anything less prolongs it.

JoeB1 likes this.
  4. LindaStu

LindaStu New Member

You're right! Thanks for reminding me, it is astounding!! I didn't mention that I've actually not done a lot of activity for almost 2 years now. Like Dr. Sarno talks about, my pain as moved - from frozen shoulder, to plantar fascitis, to low back/leg pain, tingling and numbness. Each one literally started as one ended! So, yes, 95% is astounding! It's because I just tell myself there's nothing wrong with me, the pain is caused by my head, and move forward. So good luck, JoeB1! I'm a believer, and hope you will be, too!!!

JoeB1 likes this.
  5. LindaStu

LindaStu New Member

Walt, thanks so much. Your words are comforting and encouraging, and much appreciated!!!

6. JoeB1

JoeB1 Peer Supporter

That's awesome, Linda! I'm definitely a believer intellectually. I'm working on getting it on a deeper level!