1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

HOPE

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by hollywoodtocome, Jan 11, 2014.

1. hollywoodtocome

hollywoodtocome New Member

I am new to TMS. My friend had told me about it a long time ago, and I slightly wanted to believe it. I read Dr. Sarno's book and watched his video. My friend also typed out a few pages of how I can work on TMS. I guess then, I wasn't fully ready to accept that my problems were from TMS. But now, I think I've finally realized that it is. I am fed up with this bullcrap and getting nowhere. I love this website. I have a hard time doing something, without a structured day to day routine, and this website gives me just thatl. I am so excited. I started day 1 today, and I can't wait. I have hope now! Yeah! Whoo-hoo! I'll admit, I'm still a little afraid though, thinking that, what if this doesn't work?

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the forum! I love this website too. Everything you need is here for your healing journey. And most importantly, you will find a kind, compassionate community to support you along the way. I appreciate your enthusiasm and hopefulness. That will take you far. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Msunn and Lily Rose like this.
  3. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

Exactly what Ellen expressed ....

Let the fear be transformed into the name you assigned to this thread: Hope.

Welcome. You are safe here.

with grace and gratitude,
    ^_^

Msunn likes this.
  4. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

Welcome to the forum. Work the program and the results will carry you through the fear. This is a great and supportive group who will be there whenever you need a good word!

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hollywoodtocome.

If you're a movie buff and love movies with happy endings, this is the place for you.
    Get off to a really good start by discarding any even small doubt that TMS is your problem.
    It requires total belief.

Keep digging into your repressed emotions, especially those going back to your childhood,
    and you will have the happy ending you seek.

6. hollywoodtocome

Thanks everyone. I really appreciated your support. I'm having a slight doubt. My hips are crooked supposedly from my muscles trying to avoid the pain on one side of my back. Will this correct itself once I heal with TMS?

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm sure when you heal from TMS you no longer will be "There Once Was a Crooked Man," unless you rob a bank or something.

8. hollywoodtocome

Does anyone have any experience regarding sciatica and muscle cramping and if Tms worked for you?

9. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

Yes to both. Sciatica on left side for 7 years. Muscle cramping in mostly left leg for a couple of years, cramps so bad they would launch me out of bed in the middle of the night, if you know what I mean. I've had lower back pain also for 7 years and had 4 back surgeries to fix the sciatica and back pain. (The pain only got worse, not better.)

Soon after I found Dr. Sarno last November my symptoms were almost all gone for about 6 weeks. What a miracle. The last couple of weeks I've had a surge of symptoms return, mostly the sciatica. It's pretty convincing - if I didn't know better.... But I do know better because I have experienced symptom relief so I'm just moving on. I continue to do some new activities that "seem" to provoke the sciatica (Tai Chi - I love it!) and trust that if my symptoms could disappear once, they can do it again.

Hope this is encouraging.