1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 HOPE & FEAR

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by rekcat, Mar 24, 2017.

1. rekcat

rekcat New Member

First, I am totally sold on the TMS reason for my back pain. Dr. Sarno's book helped me to become free of Back Pain 20 yrs ago, but it has come back to haunt me with a vengeance. I have hope this program will work for me again. My fear is that these "brain/nerve" patterns I've learned about are so entrenched, that I won't be able to overcome them. I feel like I am trying to excorsize a demon.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, rekcat. Dr. Sarno and TMS healed you before, and I am confident it will again. TMS is not a destination, it is a journey. New emotional stresses come along maybe every day and some have come back to you. Do some new journaling and see what you discover. I suggest you doing look at your new TMS pain as exorcizing a demon but instead as revisiting a friend... TMS. Your subconscious mind is your friend. It may have missed you over the last 20 years.

rekcat likes this.
  3. rekcat

rekcat New Member

Walt, Thank you for the encouraging words! I do plan on continuing this journey, and gettiing back on the road to health.